Saturday, July 08, 2006

Little Miss Syd

We now have J&H's little sis Sydney in our room. She is very cute and very smart. She likes having her hair done, and she always has lots of hairties, clips, and headbands from home so we can be very creative. She has an unfortunate habit of trying to follow her brothers outside or away from the table, but I'm working on it. She has the trademark family cheeky grin which she overuses cos she knows she is cute. She loves easily and is always excited to see the people she loves. Me and T being two of them, Sh not.

Morning tea, the 'rents had just left. Syd wasn't to happy about this and J(casual) was trying to settle her, but Syd was having none of it. Knows how to crack it with the best of them. Meanwhile, I was trying to make sure H didn't escape from the table and actually ate his morning tea, and watch everyone else at the table. When all (except Syd) seemed peaceful, I asked J if she wanted me to try with Syd. A contentious issue but I thought I should ask, because it was my room and because dad was standing watching at the window. She accepted, handed Syd to me, and ten seconds later, Little Miss Syd was all smiles (or at least, not all tears.) Couldn't resist a look at dad, who awarded me with a smile and a nod.
Guess I pass.

2 comments:

tiffany said...

my niece went through a phase where she felt very strongly that on could not be 'pretty' unless one had at least 40 sparkly hair things in one's hair.

i'm so glad that phase is over.

of course, now she insists on wearing her bikini top under her clothes all the time, calling it her bra. only she has a problem saying b's, so it sounds like she's saying 'graw.'

i guess if it's not one thing, it's another.

Missy said...

If there's one thing I've learned it's that they definitely know their own minds. And she does look pretty because I am brilliant!

Also that white pants + paint + spaghetti = fashion disaster.