Saturday, May 13, 2006

A Different Planet

So we're having afternoon snack, frozen yoghurt cones. I have the director at my table, which was packed full of kids, as well as two parents who'd come to pick up their kids but were hanging around til we'd finished eating. Slurping. Whatever.

They're all being impossibly loud, and I'm frantically trying to get cones for all of them, charm the parents, and look competant in front of the director, who wasn't helping a whole lot).Although she did later. Anyway... Out of nowhere:

Damon: Is the bunny asleep?
Me: ignoring him, while I concentrate on getting a cone to another hungry kid. No one else answers him, so I decide I should. I'm sorry Damon?
Damon: Why is that bunny asleep?
No it didn't make any more sense when I was actually paying attention. I look at Alison. Nope, I'm on my own with this one.
Me: What bunny is that Damon?
Damon: That one.

The box of cones had a picture of an ice cream in a cone on it. It had two eyes, a nose, and a mouth. No long ears. No whiskers. No fluffy tail. I swear, the kid lives on a different planet.

I just noticed that all my posts seem to be about Damon. This is both suprising and unsuprising. He really does sees things differently. He will grow up to be Gabriel, I'm sure. But I really thought Hugo would provide more food for thought.

No comments: