Saturday, July 08, 2006

Lost in Translation

I don't even go to work and I come home with a story. Geez.

I'd been at the blood bank donating, come out, and sat to have a drink and a chocolate. A mother had been donating at the same time as me and we ended up at the same table, along with her two girls, I'm thinking 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 and their ten-month-old baby brother. The nurse woman comes out, gives us our drinks and two lollipops to the two girls.

The baby is chatting away to himself next to the elder of the two girls (Sarah. The other one was Charlotte, in case anyone's interested.) She listens to him for a little while, then turns back to the table and says "Connor wishes he could have a lollipop too." Their mother goes "Do babies eat lollipops?" (obviously an old conversation, as the two replied in near unison.) "Noo," shaking their heads. Sarah thinks about this for a while then tells us,

"Connor says he has a lollipop in his dreams."

No comments: