Saturday, March 03, 2007

Hugo

Before I left, I made a list of things that Hugo was into at that moment. Partly because mum had done something similar in his book, and partly because I thought it would be interesting, especially considering where he was when we (T, Jack and Hugo, and me) first came in the room.

It's been sitting on my desk for weeks now, and so that I can throw it out, I'm typing it up.

  • "arounds" = streetlights. He'll also echo you if you tell him they're streetlights.
  • "preschool room empty"
  • going over speed bumps (roots) or updowns (cracks) on the yellow bike. Incidentally, Jack makes speedbumps out of paddlepop sticks on the car mat.
  • "drains" and counting drains. Especially likes the Number Five Drain. Does this at home as well, where they have lots more than we do, including on one the bottom of the pool.
  • books: Bear Hunt and Possum In The House.
  • on the swing: Cheeky Monkeys.
  • letters: "S.A.N.Y.O. Music!" (hee!) and my KSA, Champion, etc tees.
  • boxes with things (textas, pegs, puzzle pieces) in them to shake.
  • bread cut in four pieces.
  • fav letter: K.
  • "in the tunnel" changing to "in the tunneal!" Tunnels can be lots of things, most notably, behind the block and shelves, where we lost 75% of all our puzzle pieces as well as textas, paddlepop sticks, and god know what else.

No comments: